Exercises for Sinziro and his Brothers
A. How much did you understand?
In this story, the mother prayed to God for another son.
Put the sentences 1, 2 and 3 in the right order.
- "We'll call him Sinziro," his mother said.
- Sinziro was small, but he was very clever, and his mother and father loved him very much.
- "Please, I pray you, send me one more son.”
The brothers did not like Sinziro, their new young brother.
Put the sentences 4, 5, and 6 in the right order.
- “You are no bigger than a rat."
- His brothers were jealous.
- "Why do our parents love you?"
The brothers decided to steal two bulls from their enemy’s compound.
Put the sentences 7, 8, and 9 in the right order.
- "I wish Sinziro was here," one of the brothers said. "He's clever. He could get into this compound."
- “Let's go to his compound tonight and steal two of his bulls.”
- "But how can you go into the compound?" the third brother said. "The door is locked."
Sinziro helped his brothers and released the bulls.
Put the sentences 10, 11 and 12 in the right order.
- Quietly, Sinziro drove the two bulls out of the compound. His brothers were very happy.
- "Don't worry, sir," Sinziro called out. "Our two big bulls were lost, but I found them. I am bringing them back to you now."
- Sinziro climbed up to the door and opened it. Then he began to drive two fat bulls out of the compound.
B. Complete these sentences
Sinziro took the bulls away safely from the enemy’s compound and the brothers killed the bulls. The brothers divided the meat into seven parts. Sinziro asked for his share.
Now complete sentences 1, 2, and 3 with the best endings a, b and c.
- So Sinziro and his brothers drove the bulls……
- “Hold the rope, and….”
- "If you won't give me any meat," he said to them……
- “…… walk across the river.”
- "……at least give me the bladder of one of the bulls.”
- …... far away from the enemy’s house.
C. Who said these sentences? Who were they speaking to?
"I'll punish my brothers for this."
"At least give me the bladder of one of the bulls."
"A bladder? No one wants to eat that."
"Please, don't beat me, sir!"
"Now all the meat is for me."
D. Now you tell the ending of the story.
At the end of the story Sinziro wanted to punish his brothers. He said, "I'll punish my brothers for this." Tell this ending from Sinziro’s point of view.
You can start the story like this:
I am Sinziro. I want to punish my brothers for this ...
E. More stories to enjoy
If you liked reading this story, there are some others on this website like it that you might enjoy. Click on these links: