Exercises for The Good Wife Part One
A. How much did you understand?
What did the king say to his son? Put these sentences in the right order.
- "And you will only be happy if you marry a good and clever woman."
- "So I want you to travel around my kingdom."
- "You will be king after I have died."
- "But you will only be wise if you are happy."
Delibis met Hariri. Put these sentences in the right order.
- "Have you seen my camel?" he said.
- "I've found the girl I'm looking for at last," the prince said to himself.
- She took out some bread and gave it to Delibis.
- "You haven't seen this camel, but you have described it perfectly."
Delibis met Nakrusa, Hariri’s father, and they walked to the village together. Put these sentences in the right order.
- "Free?" said Nakrusa. "What do you mean, free?"
- "Let's walk together," Delibis said to the old man.
- "And will his name be buried with him?" asked Delibis.
- "They belong to my cousin," said Nakrusa.
B. Choose the right answer
When Delibis met Hariri, she was:
- looking for a camel
- eating bread
- looking after her father's sheep
Hariri knew that a half-blind camel had passed that way because:
- its dung was in a pile
- it had eaten leaves from one side of a bush
- it had a wound in its side.
What did Hariri's father and Delibis see on the road?
- a rich man with a hundred cows
- a herd of cattle with ten cows and a bull
- a field of wheat that was not ready for the harvest
C. What do you think?
Which do you think is the best title for this part?
- The Poor Woman
- The Stupid Young Man
- Looking for a Good Wife
- Going on a Journey