Exercises for The Pot of Honey
A. How much did you understand?
The monkey offered to carry the pot of honey for the lion, because the lion did not have any hands. The monkey sat on the lion's back, and started to eat the honey.
The lion asked three questions. Put them in the right order.
- "Why are you crying?" asked the lion. "Are you sad?"
- "Your mother? When did she die?"
- "What was that?" he said. "Was that my honey? Are you eating it?"
The lion was angry with the monkey because the monkey had eaten all the honey.
Put the lion's angry sentences in the right order.
- "I'll catch you, you wicked monkey!" roared the lion.
- "Come here, you thief! I will punish you!"
- "I will find you easily. You are the monkey with no tail!"
The lion talked to all the monkeys. He wanted to find out who had eaten his honey.
Put his commands in the right order.
- "Open you mouth," he said. "Vomit up the food from your stomach."
- "Walk in front of me, one by one," the lion said.
- "Come down from the trees," he called out to the monkeys. "I will find the one who ate my honey!'
B. Who is stupid? Who is cleverer? Who is the cleverest?
Fill the gaps in these sentences with the right words from the list below.
- The monkey laughed again. "You didn’t know? But you are the lion, the greatest, ……, the strongest of all the animals," she said.
- "Of course I know about riding on the smoke!" roared the lion. "Do you think, you …… monkey, that you are …… than me?"
cleverer, stupid, the cleverest
C. What do you think?
Was the lion right to take the pot of honey for himself?
Was the monkey right to eat the honey while sitting on the lion's back?
Was the monkey clever to trick the lion?
Was the lion right to bite off the monkey's tail?
Was the lion foolish to say that he knew about riding the smoke?