Answers to the Exercises for The Father's Plan
A. How much did you understand?
- 1/e Obang was happy to see his friend because he wanted his friend to help him.
- 2/g Obang was worried about his family because his son went out every day with his friends and did not work.
- 3/b Obang's wives and children were crying because the old man’s huts and his foodstore were burning.
- 4/f Obang's son ran towards the crowd because he heard the noise.
- 5/c Obang's son said goodbye to his friends because he needed to start work.
- 6/a Obang's wives and children were happy because Obang's son had worked hard, built huts, and filled the stores with food.
- 7/d Obang's friend smiled because he saw that Obang's plan had been a good one.
B. Who, whose, what, when?
- When Obang lay in his hut alone, who was outside?
His wives and his children
- Whose voice did Obang hear?
- What did Obang ask his friend to burn?
His huts, his foodstore and everything
- After Obang died, people smelled something. What did they smell?
- What was burning?
Obang's huts, his foodstore, his clothes and his tools
- When did Obang’s son start work every morning?