Answers to the Exercises for The Ox and the Donkey
A. How much did you understand?
- c. "I'm so tired. I worked hard all day.”
"Do you think your plough is heavy? Believe me, my friend, it is light!"
- a ."I had a bad day today. My master's field is far away, and it was full of stones.”
"You worked hard? I'm sure I worked harder than you."
- b. "Today was a very bad day for me."
"You're always tired. Every day is a bad day for you."
B. Put these sentences in the right order
The best order for these sentences is 3, 1, 2.
“Lie down on the ground.”
“Close your eyes, and say, Moo! Moo!”
“The farmer will think that you are ill.”
The best order for these sentences is 6, 5, 4.
"But I must plough my field. Who will help me?”
“Why there is my donkey! He can pull the plough today."
"Go on! Faster! Pull!"
The best order for these sentences is 8, 9, 7.
“I had a lovely day today.”
“I ate some grass, and I drank some water.”
“I rested under a big tree.”
C. Who is speaking?
- "He can pull the plough today."
- "I don't want to do it again tomorrow."
- “My friend, you must be careful."
- "I feel quite better now. I'm not tired at all!"