Exercises for The Best Dream
A. How much did you understand?
In the story, there were three travellers called Mogola, Gatedo and Orbis, who stopped to rest, and killed a goat to eat. Orbis went to look for wood, and Mogola and Gadeto decided to trick him.
Put sentences 1, 2 and 3 in the right order.
- "One of us will have the best dream. We’ll let him eat all the meat," said Mogola.
- Soon, Mogola and Gadeto were asleep. But Orbis didn't sleep.
- "They're trying to trick me," Orbis thought.
While Mogola and Gadeto were asleep, Orbis ate all the meat. Then the men woke up.
Sentences 4, 5 and 6 retell the next part of the story. Put them in the right order.
- "In my dream," said Orbis, "a big man came and ate all the meat."
- "I dreamed that I was in Mecca with the Prophet Mohammed," said Gadeto.
- "I dreamed that I was in Paradise with God," said Mogola.
Mogola and Gadeto were angry because all the meat had gone.
Sentences 7, 8 and 9 retell the last part of the story. Put them in the right order.
- "Why didn't you wake us up?" Mogola and Gadeto said to Orbis.
- "Orbis is small," thought Mogola and Gadeto, "but he is not stupid at all."
- "I couldn't wake you," said Orbis. "One of you was in Paradise, and the other was in Mecca.
B. Where, what and when
- Where did the three men decide to rest?
- What did Orbis go and look for?
- Where did the men cook the meat?
- When did Orbis go to sleep?
- When Mogola and Gadeto woke up, what did they find in the pot?
C. Good dreams and bad dreams
Some people remember their dreams, and others forget them.
Do you remember your dreams?
Do you ever have good dreams?
Do you sometimes have bad dreams?
Talk with a friend. Tell each other about your dreams.