Answers to the Exercises for The King of the Forest
A. How much did you understand?
- One of the brothers said, “I want to go to the forest. I'm not afraid of the hyenas or their king.”
- The king of the hyenas said, “I want to eat you. Who do you think will save you?”
- The first brother said, “God will save me."
- The second brother said, "The men of my tribe will save me."
- The third brother said, "My Mother the Earth will save me."
- The fourth brother said, "Oh great king, you alone can save me."
- The king of the hyenas said to the first three brothers, "You can go.”
- The king of the hyenas said to the fourth brother, "You’re a fool."
- The hyenas killed the fourth brother, and ate him.
B. WHY and BECAUSE
- 1/c. The first brother trusts in God because God made him.
- 2/f. The second brother trusts in the men of his tribe because they will see his blood and be angry. They'll come with their spears and kill all his enemies.
- 3/a. The third brother trusts in his Mother the Earth because his food and water come from her.
- 4/h. The fourth brother trusts in the king of the hyenas because he thinks he is strong and good.
- 5/b. Why doesn't the king of the hyenas kill the first brother? Because God made men, but he made the hyenas too.
- 6/d. Why doesn't the king of the hyenas kill the second brother? Because he doesn't want a war with the men of the tribe.
- 7/e. Why doesn't the king of the hyenas kill the third brother? Because he doesn't want to hurt Mother Earth.
- 8/g. Why does the king of the hyenas kill and eat the fourth brother? Because hyenas like to fight for their food.