Exercises for Hirsi and Kabaalaf
A. How much did you understand?
Put these sentences in the right order.
- "Let's exchange our sacks."
- Hirsi took a sack and he filled it with ashes.
- Everyone knew Hirsi in his town. Everyone knew Kabaalaf in his town.
- "A sack full of the best coffee," said Kabaalaf.
- "The thieves have cheated each other," everyone said.
- And Kabaalaf took a sack. He filled it with goat dung.
B. Fill the gaps
Fill the gaps in these sentences with words from the list below to retell the story.
- Hirsi and Kabaalaf lived in different ……
- Everybody watched Hirsi, so he couldn't …… anyone.
- Hirsi filled his sack with ……
- Kabaalaf filled his sack with ……
- Hirsi and Kabaalaf met on the ……
- "I have a sack full of ……" said Kabaalaf.
- "I have sack full of ……" said Hirsi.
goat dung, road, towns, flour, ashes, cheat, coffee
C. What do you think?
What is the right punishment for cheats and thieves?
Can you think of another title for this story?