Answers to the Exercises for Hirsi and Kabaalaf
A. How much did you understand?
The right order of these sentences is 3, 2, 6, 4, 1, 5
Everyone knew Hirsi in his town. Everyone knew Kabaalaf in his town.
Hirsi took a sack and he filled it with ashes.
And Kabaalaf took a sack. He filled it with goat dung.
"A sack full of the best coffee," said Kabaalaf.
"Let's exchange our sacks."
"The thieves have cheated each other," everyone said.
B. Fill the gaps
- Hirsi and Kabaalaf lived in different towns.
- Everybody watched Hirsi, so he couldn't cheat anyone.
- Hirsi filled his sack with ashes.
- Kabaalaf filled his sack with goat dung.
- Hirsi and Kabaalaf met on the road.
- "I have a sack full of coffee," said Kabaalaf.
- "I have sack full of flour," said Hirsi.