Exercises for The Lazy Family
A. How much did you understand?
Are these sentences true or false?
- The farmer was very lazy, so his sons did all the work on the farm.
- The farmer's wife said to the neighbours, "Yesterday, the birds came and ate all my sorghum.”
- The farmer said to his brothers, "Wild animals came to my field and ate all my inset."
- The farmer's wife was angry when her husband brought the inset home.
- God sent a miracle, and put inset in the field.
- The next day, the farmer buried more inset.
- After several days, the farmer and his sons had dug the whole field.
- The farmer and his sons learned to like digging.
- The farmer's wife planted seeds, and her sons learned to pull out the weeds.
- The farmer's sons felt proud of their good work.
B. Make complete sentences
Match the beginnings of these sentences from the story with endings from the list below.
- Yesterday, the birds came and ……
- Wild animals came to my field and ……
- She dug the inset out of the hole, and ……
- She took some of the inset, and ……
- The next day, the woman dug another hole in the field, and ……
- They dug, and dug. After a long time, they ……
- The next day, she buried more inset, and her husband and sons ……
- …… dug half the field
- …… showed it to them.
- …… wrapped it in leaves.
- …… ate all my inset.
- …… buried more inset.
- …… ate all my sorghum.
- …… found the inset.
C. What do you think?
Do you think that working hard makes people happy? Or does it just make them tired?
Does your mother try to make you work hard? How does she do it?