Answers to the Exercises for The Lazy Family
A. How much did you understand?
- The farmer was very lazy, so his sons did all the work on the farm.
False. The sons were lazy too.
- The farmer's wife said to the neighbours, "Yesterday, the birds came and ate all my sorghum."
False. The farmer said those words.
- The farmer said to his brothers, "Wild animals came to my field and ate all my inset."
- The farmer's wife was angry when her husband brought the inset home.
- God sent a miracle, and put inset in the field.
False. The farmer's wife put the inset in the field.
- The next day, the farmer buried more inset.
False. The farmer's wife buried the inset.
- After several days, the farmer and his sons had dug the whole field.
- The farmer and his sons learned to like digging.
- The farmer's wife planted seeds, and her sons learned to pull out the weeds.
False. The farmer and his sons planted the seeds.
- The farmer's sons felt proud of their good work.
B. Make complete sentences
Match the beginnings of these sentences from the story with endings from the list below.
- 1/f Yesterday, the birds came and ate all my sorghum.
- 2/d Wild animals came to my field and ate all my inset.
- 3/b She dug the inset out of the hole, and showed it to them.
- 4/c She took some of the inset, and wrapped it in leaves.
- 5/e The next day, the woman dug another hole in the field, and buried more inset.
- 6/g They dug, and dug. After a long time, they found the inset.
- 7/a The next day, she buried more inset, and her husband and sons dug half the field.