Exercises for Achok goes Fishing
A. How much did you understand?
There are different characters in the story: Achok, his uncle, the olwaro bird, the pelican and the marabou stork.
Which character said each of these sentences? And who was he speaking to?
- "Come and eat. Look, I’ve caught some fish. I’ve cooked them for you."
- "I took some beer from the bottom of the pot and I threw it into the river."
- "Let me eat the biggest ones. Then I’ll take them out."
- "Take the spines out of my back. But I’m telling you now, I won’t give you the biggest fish."
- "Then I'll take the smallest ones."
- "Oh, my back! My fish! My back!"
- "What’s the matter? What happened?"
B. Who and what?
Fill in the gaps in these sentences from the words in the list below.
- Achok caught many fish and took them to the house of his ……
- Achok took the sharp …… out of the fishes' backs.
- "I took some beer from the bottom of the ……," said Achok.
- Achok's uncle threw some beer into the ……
- Achok's uncle couldn't pull the spines out of his ……
- The marabou stork pulled all the …… out of Achok's uncle's back.
- "I told you to take the fish out carefully, with your ......" said Achok.
back, river, pot, spines, hands, uncle, big fish
C. Make a play
Make a play out of the story. Choose people to act the parts of Achok, his uncle, the olwaro bird, the pelican and the marabou stork.