Answers to the Exercises for The Sheep and the Goat
A. How much did you understand?
The right order of these sentences is 3, 1, 4, 2
Once upon a time, there was a sheep and a goat.
They left the farm, and began to walk towards the river.
"Listen to me, Leopard. You can't eat us. The sky is falling down."
"Mm, a sheep and a goat!" said the hyena. "They're my favourite meat."
The right order of these sentences is 1, 3, 4, 2
They ate and ate. They were very happy.
"Come on. We must go faster," said the goat.
"Look, can you see that big tree? Let's climb it."
"Goodnight," said the goat. "I'm going to sleep now."
The right order of these sentences is 4, 1, 3, 2
"I was a fool today," said the lion.
"If I catch those two," the lion roared, "I'll pull off their heads."
The sheep tried to turn over, but he couldn't do it.
So they ran home safely, and they never went alone to the river again.
B. Where were they?
- They left the farm and began to walk towards the river.
- The leopard was frightened. He waved his tail and ran away, into the forest
- They drank and drank. Then they went into the field.
- "All right," said the sheep, and he followed his friend up the hill.
- The goat ran to the tree and began to climb it.
- "I was a fool today," said the lion. "I met a sheep and a goat on the road."
- "Look, " said the goat. "It's nearly morning. Now we can go home."
C. What were they feeling?
- The sheep and the goat lived with a cruel farmer, and they were unhappy.
- The farmer never took them eat good grass, and so they were always hungry.
- The sheep and the goat walked a long way to the river, and they became very tired.
- "The sky is falling on our heads!" the goat said to the lion, and the lion was frightened.
- When the sheep and the goat came to the river, they ate the long green grass and they were happy.
- The lion, the leopard and the hyena were very angry with the sheep and the goat.