Answers to the Exercises for The Grateful Animals
A. How much did you understand?
- "I want the bones and one day, I’ll reward you too."
He lay beside the door of the man and woman's house and kept thieves away.
- "If you give me its blood, I’ll repay you one day."
He brought them an elephant tusk.
- "But give me some grass from your roof. You’ll never regret it."
He brought them a bag of Maria Teresa dollars.
- "And I want the small pieces of meat under the skin. Give them to me and I’ll reward you."
He took money and jewels from the elders and dropped them outside the man and woman's hut.
- "Give me the fat and I promise you, you won’t be sorry."
The puff adder
He bit the man's wicked brother.
- "Let me have the milk. I’ll give you something wonderful one day."
He forgot his promise and never repaid the man and the woman.
B. Where? When? Who?
- Where were the man, the lion, the donkey, the puff-adder, the eagle and the dog going?
They were going to war.
- Who came out of the hut?
A man and his wife came out.
- Where did the man and his wife find the elephant tusk?
On the ground outside their house
- Who wanted to steal the elephant tusk?
The man's brother
- When did the man's wicked brother go out to kill him?
Late at night
- When did the man come back to repay the man and his wife?