Answers to the Exercises for The Rat King's Son
A. How much did you understand?
- “And I'm the most wonderful king in the world,” said the Rat King.
- “And my son must marry the best girl in the world,” said the Rat King.
- “There is one person who is greater than us,” said one of the elders.
- “You’re right. Our Creator is even greater than us,” said the Rat King.
- “Is your prince really the most wonderful animal in the world? Then he’s too good for my daughter,” said the Creator.
- “The fog is greater than me. He comes into the sky and covers me,” said the Creator.
- “The wind is greater than me. He blows me away,” said the fog.
- “The mountain is greater than me. I push against him and blow on him, but he never moves,” said the wind.
- “The bushrat is greater than me. He makes holes inside me and I can’t stop him," said the mountain.
- “And the bushrat is my cousin. His daughter will be a very good wife for my son,” said the Rat King.
B. Speech marks
- "We must find a wife for my son," the Rat King said to his elders.
- "Our Creator is greater than us," one of the elders said.
- "Sir," said the elders. "Our prince is the greatest animal in the world."
- "Stop!" said the fog. "He’s too good for my daughter."
- "Great wind," said the elders. "We come from the Rat King."