Answers to the Exercises for Sunrise and Sunset
A. How much did you understand?
- 1/b. God was very kind so he gave people what they asked for.
- 2/a. One person wanted more time in bed so he asked God to make the sun rise later.
- 3/g. Some people were angry when the sun rose late because they wanted to get up early to work.
- 4/d. A man in the field with his cows was very hot so he asked God to make the sun set early.
- 5/e. The woman on the road was unhappy when the sun set early because she did not want to walk in the dark.
- 6/h. Everyone was angry because they thought God listened to some people and not to others.
- 7/f. The clever fox told God not to give people what they asked for because they always want more than God can give.
- 8/c. God listened to the fox so now the sun rises and sets at the same time every day.