Answers to the Exercises for Obang and his Dog
A. How much did you understand?
The right order for these sentences is 4, 6, 2, 1, 5, 3
One day, Obang and his dog went hunting.
But suddenly the dog stopped. There was a lion in front of it.
The lion saw the dog and opened its big mouth.
Now Obang was between the angry lion and the dog.
He jumped into the water and swam to the other side.
"Where is that dog? I'm going to kill it!"
The right order for these sentences is 3, 6, 1, 5, 2, 4
A big python was lying under a tree.
It climbed up Obang's legs, then it began to climb up his body.
The dog heard him. It ran back to its master, and saw the python.
The dog pulled harder and harder.
Quickly, Obang took out his knife and killed it.
"A man must always be kind to his dog."
- The dog ran fast into the forest.
- There was lion in front of it.
- Obang went on and found the lion. The dog was behind him.
- The lion was very angry and ran after it.
- Now Obang was between the angry lion and the dog.
- He jumped into the water.
- At once the python caught him. It climbed up Obang's legs.
- At last the python slipped off Obang.
- Then Obang saw the python again. It was coming back!